Whether it is preparing someone to take over as the sole proprietor of a small business or a position of leadership in a corporation, business succession planning is essential to the long-term survival of a company.
This course will teach you the difference between succession planning and mere replacement planning and how to prepare people to take on the responsibilities of leadership so that the company thrives in the transition.
Setting clear goals is critical for facilitating learning. Research has shown that having clear goals makes learning more efficient and effective. Without well-defined goals, it is difficult to measure progress and determine whether learning is taking place.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Define business succession planning and its role in your company.
- Lay the groundwork to develop a succession plan.
- The importance of mentorship.
- Define and use a SWOT analysis to set goals.
- Create a plan, assign roles, and execute the plan.
- Communicate to develop support and manage change.
- Anticipate obstacles, and evaluate and adapt goals and plans.
- Characterize success.
Who Should Attend:
- Business People
- Lawyers/Law Firms
- Finance People
- HR Personnel
- Sales People